Thursday, June 6, 2019

Behold My Servant (2)




Behold my servant, whom I uphold, my chosen, in whom my soul delights; I have put my Spirit upon him; he will bring forth justice to the nations. He will not cry aloud or lift up his voice, or make it heard in the street; a bruised reed he will not break, and a faintly burning wick he will not quench; he will faithfully bring forth justice. He will not grow faint or be discouraged till he has established justice in the earth; and the coastlands wait for his law.

Thus says God, the Lord, who created the heavens and stretched them out, who spread out the earth and what comes from it, who gives breath to the people on it and spirit to those who walk in it:

“I am the Lord; I have called you in righteousness; I will take you by the hand and keep you; I will give you as a covenant for the people, a light for the nations, to open the eyes that are blind, to bring out the prisoners from the dungeon, from the prison those who sit in darkness.

I am the Lord; that is my name; my glory I give to no other, nor my praise to carved idols. Behold, the former things have come to pass, and new things I now declare; before they spring forth I tell you of them.” (Isaiah 42:1 – 9).

Consider that the Father says, “in whom my soul delights.” Even as the soul of the Father delights in His Son, Jesus Christ, so He delights in the Body of His Son – for how can the Head be detached from the Body?

Again and again Jesus tells us of our Father’s love for us; and yet, do we believe Jesus? Do we believe that such a love could be ours? Can we believe that the soul of the Father delights in us?

Jesus says, “If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give what is good to those who ask Him!” (Matthew 7:11).

Jesus says, “So do not fear, you are more valuable than many sparrows.” (Matthew 10:31).

Jesus says, “Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls, for My yoke is easy and my burden is light.” (Matthew 11:28 – 30).

When our Father says, “This is My Beloved Son in whom I am well pleased,” our Father not only sees our Lord Jesus Christ, He also sees us in Christ. “For even as the body is one, and yet has many members, and all the members of the body, though they are many, are one body, so also is Christ.” (1 Cor. 12:12). (Ponder also Hebrews 2:9 – 18).

When you came up from the waters of baptism our Father said, “This is My beloved daughter in My beloved Son.” “This is My beloved son in my beloved Son.” “This is my Beloved Son in whom I am well pleased.”

If you are in a relationship with Jesus Christ, by His grace and mercy; then live today knowing that the soul of the Father delights in you.

If you have not yet come into a relationship with Jesus Christ, what better day than today to allow the love and mercy and forgiveness of God into your life? What better day can there be than today to believe in Jesus Christ, confessing your sins, and beginning a new life in Christ – as a daughter, or a son, of the living God?

We are not accidents looking for a place to happen, we are men and women created in the image of God; and though the world wants us to believe that we are the products of time plus matter plus chance – that is a lie, a lie of darkness, a lie of Satan (yes, there is a devil who has blinded the eyes of humanity - Ephesians 2:1 – 2; 2 Corinthians 4:3 – 6).

O to live life knowing that the soul of our heavenly Father delights in us!



No comments:

Post a Comment