Friday, June 2, 2023

Thoughts On Preaching From David Palmer

 This is continued from the previous two posts and is the conclusion of David's thoughts:


The seven questions I ask along the preaching preparation journey:

1.      “Who is the Lord revealing himself to be in this passage?”

2.      “What does He require of me individually and of us as a church?”

3.      “What is the canonical contribution of this passage of Scripture?” 

4.      “Why do I need to pay attention right now?” 

5.      “What am I preaching about?”

6.      “How will the Devil be defeated by this sermon?” 

7.      “What is Christ calling me, and us, to do in this text?”

Preaching is the hardest, most humbling, and most rewarding experience in my life with Christ.  It usually takes me twelve to fifteen hours to prepare for a thirty-minute sermon.

No comments:

Post a Comment