Friday, October 4, 2024

Living in Jesus, Abiding in Him (30)

 

 

“Just as the Father has loved Me, I have also loved you; abide in My love.” John 15:9

 

Nothing I can say, nothing I can write, can possibly approach the depth and height and length and breadth of what Jesus is saying. We might as well attempt to traverse the length of the Grand Canyon on foot in one day. The eternals are filled with praise for the love of Jesus Christ, the Lamb, for us; for you and for me.

 

As Paul writes, “What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who is against us?” (Romans 8:31). As John says, “See how great a love the Father has bestowed on us…” (1 John 3:1).

 

Jesus also says to the Father, “I in them and You in Me, that they may be perfected into one, so that the world may know that You sent Me, and loved them, even as You have loved Me.” (John 17:23).

 

O dear, dear friends. Jesus says that He loves us as the Father loves Him. Jesus says that the Father loves us as He loves Jesus.

 

Let’s say and read this and write this again, “Jesus loves us as the Father loves Him, and the Father loves us as He loves Jesus.”

 

Let us repeat this, “Jesus loves me as the Father loves Him, and the Father loves me as He loves Jesus.”

 

Do not simply read this, say it out loud, “Jesus loves me as the Father loves Him, and the Father loves me as He loves Jesus.”

 

Have you ever spoken words more glorious? Have you ever uttered words more reassuring? Do you know words of greater healing and peace?

 

If there were no other words in the universe, no other words in the language of mankind, would not these words be enough to live on, to feed on, to live by?

 

Will you say, “Jesus loves me as the Father loves Him, and the Father loves me as He loves Jesus”?

 

Will you receive these words of Jesus? Will you confess them? Will you live in them and by them?

 

Will you walk into, and swim in, this ocean of the love of God for you? Will you allow God to fill you and bathe you in His love in Jesus Christ? Will you allow Him to envelope you in His love? And will you share His love with others?

 

Just as the Father loves Jesus, so the Father loves us. Just as the Father loves Jesus, so Jesus loves us.

 

O what a glorious and unfathomable love we have in the Father, in the Son, and in the Holy Spirit.

 

Will we, will I, will you, receive and live in this love today?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment