Thursday, April 7, 2016

Called to Suffer


On Tuesday mornings I’m blessed to meet with a group of men for Bible study, prayer, and fellowship. On Wednesdays at lunch I’m blessed to meet with another group of men for fellowship, prayer, and Bible study. This week both gatherings focused on suffering. This past Monday I met with a dear friend and part of our time together also touched on suffering.

This morning I was reminded of something I wrote on April 7, 2015 as I was pondering Daniel Chapter Three:

Called to suffer, called to die
Called to lift your name on high
Through the fire we walk with thee
Use the fire to set us free

To be counted worthy to bear His name
To be counted worthy to share His shame
To be counted worthy to suffer loss
To be counted worthy to carry His Cross

No comments:

Post a Comment