Monday, January 2, 2012

C.S. Lewis - Near the Journey's End: IV Postscript

This evening I received a call from Charlie who lives down in Florida. It's probably been a year since I've spoken to Charlie, maybe longer. Charlie was full of thanksgiving as he shared with me his pilgrimage over the past year, "Bob", he said, "during the past year God has delivered me from some things I've struggled with all of my life".

Charlie went on to share Psalm 43:4 with me, a verse he used to recite as an altar boy years and years ago; a verse that God has quickened in his life during the past year.

Did I mention that Charlie is 80 years old? 

It takes Lewis 50 years or so to forgive Robert Capron (see previous post on Lewis). It takes Charlie 79 years to overcome certain things in his life. There is hope for me...and if you can receive it...there is hope for you. We are indeed called into a relationship with the Living God through His Son, Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment